Follow by Email

Monday, March 11, 2013

Fleeting Frosts of February

Hi folks and followers! We are back in the big city, about to leave for Guatemala very early tomorrow morning... so of course as a last minute task I thought I'd post a few pix! 

February 2013 was really spectacular, scenery-wise. The number of mornings with gorgeous frost surpassed any year I can remember. 
The Mountain looked extra mysterious all dressed up in silvery stuff...
 We had lots of fluffy white stuff...
 The sauna seemed extra snug under that big blanket of snow...
 ...and several mornings were just spectacular.... 
 Not to mention the clear bright afternoons, once the frost had vanished... 
 These red twigs are new growth of serviceberry bushes... hopefully I'll catch their ethereal white blooms later this spring...
 I think aspens look magnificent against that brilliant blue, don't you agree?
 Tramping about in the deep snow, I caught some shots of the house from a few different angles... from below the perennial rock garden...
 ...and from behind the clump of cedars we call The Twisted Sisters...

... and those sisters are all bundled up in moss and lichens...
 I can't get too far with a camera without the obligatory shot of Superior from afar...

Val had some light reading... the operations' manual for the "charge controller" for our photoelectric-battery system... our device did a bit of a dance on us last month... Val fixed it with a bold maneuver but we still don't know exactly what happened... Let us know if you find out, darlin'...
 Back to the frost... another morning dawned with fog and filmy white...



 The early morning pinks and golds were just awesome on top of the white etching...

 Mmmm... perfect....
 Ahhh! Have you ever seen anything quite so lovely? 

I didn't think so! 
We'll be back in a few weeks... just in time for Mud Season! 


8 comments:

  1. I'm curious to find out what blog system you have been utilizing? I'm having some minor security issues
    with my latest site and I'd like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?

    my website: Wholesale Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for every other fantastic article. Where else may anybody
    get that type of information in such an ideal way of writing?
    I've a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at
    the search for such info.

    Feel free to surf to my page - Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this piece of writing i thought i could also create comment due to
    this brilliant post.

    My webpage click for source

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins
    to help with SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good gains.
    If you know of any please share. Appreciate it!

    Feel free to surf to my webpage visit this link

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info an
    individual supply to your visitors? Is going to be back ceaselessly to check up on
    new posts

    my homepage; Louis Vuitton Purses Outlet ()

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar
    one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments?
    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you
    can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any help is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog - Cheap NFL Jerseys (http://www.maxleticssports.com/cheapjerseys.html)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drop a leave a response each time I especially enjoy a article on
    a website or I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.
    It's a result of the fire displayed in the article I read. And after this post "Fleeting Frosts of February". I was moved enough to drop a thought :-P I do have 2 questions for you if it's
    allright. Could it be only me or do a few of these responses appear like left by brain dead visitors?

    :-P And, if you are writing at additional places, I would like to keep up with you.

    Would you make a list every one of your communal pages like your linkedin profile,
    Facebook page or twitter feed?

    my webpage Boutique Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this weblog on regular basis to obtain updated from most recent gossip.

    Also visit my web blog - Chaussure De Foot

    ReplyDelete