Follow by Email

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Card Games, Happy Campers and Everything Is Just Ducky

 Greetings from our New World at Cascade Bluff. Recently we had very special visitors at the Bluff! Here is a picture of our friends Evan, Kathy and Suzanne, who came all the way from Madison, Wisconsin for Memorial Day Weekend...


 The gang was planning to pick their own personal camping site and clean it up, set up the tent and enjoy a couple of nights in the wilderness with all our four-footed neighbors... We did do lots of hiking around the place and found some very promising spots... 
Unfortunately, the weather was awfully cloudy, threatening to rain... DID rain, multiple times... and so what started as a camping trip on our land, turned into... 

 ....an indoor game extravaganza!  
 Val and Suz did amazing things with the letters from the game "ZIP IT" -- but I am pretty sure they were inventing their own special rules... 
 ...rules that required looking up nine letter words...
 This round of Zip It was a record of our names! Nick and Zoe were also visiting at that moment, but we couldn't manage to fit "Nick" in there too... sorry, Nick!
 Kathy was soundly defeated by Evan at "Magic" about a hundred times...
 At least one jigsaw puzzle was finally completed...

And Evan had so much fun he ended up blow-hole-down on the chair! Hey, wake up Ev, the fun is only just getting started! 

Our friends gave us a very special housewarming present... Here they are, the most recent members of our Duck Brigade! On the left is a cute old fellow in leiderhosen... Somebody who appears to be in perpetual celebration of St. Patrick's Day... A Space Alien... and an Astronaut! 
Much fun was had by everyone, and Suz has promised to give us a rematch of "Apples To Apples" at our next meeting, 'cause we're so embarrassed at how badly she walloped us all! 

Speaking of Duckies, we are getting quite a crowd of small rubber buddies up there. Periodically I feel the need to show off some of the newbies... Here are the usual suspects in a line up...

...and a recent 'circle of trust' gathered around a special new stranger who had traveled from across the entire planet to join us...
Here is Tea Duckie, a little guy who's an Aussie! 

Tea Duckie has a real job, too, not like all those other lazy bums who just sit around on the windowsill and stare into space... Tea Duckie has a strainer that can be filled with tea leaves...

Here he is floating along, in hot water, no less... When he is done with his job for the morning, he rests in his own little wavy blue Duck Stand.

 Tea Duckie was brought to us by our dear friend Janet, who came all the way from Australia and stayed with us for a day or so earlier this year. Here is Janet explaining the idea of "north" to Duckie (that's a compass in her hand..." 
I don't think Duckie has figured out what hit him yet...
But we are glad to welcome him to our gang and want to thank Janet very very much. Hope you will soon be able to visit Cascade Bluff yourself, dear friend! 
 ..and last but not least, sometimes, when no one is looking, our duckies spontaneously arrange themselves into letters and write secret messages like this one! I think they are saying, "Hi there, Zoe!" 

We'll be up at the Bluff again soon and hope to have lots to show about the garden, the new trees and those awesome views! 

12 comments:

  1. What's up to every body, it's my first pay a visit of this blog;
    this weblog includes awesome and in fact excellent
    data in support of visitors.
    My page: http://xplayxslots.soup.io/post/287261455/a-guideline-to-educational-video-games-on

    ReplyDelete
  2. This web site certainly has all of the information I needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... book auf ra kostenlos spielen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the great spirit.


    Also visit my web page :: book of raw kostenlos spielen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually
    enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way
    I will be subscribing to your augment and even I
    achievement you access consistently fast.

    Visit my web blog: book of raw online spielen

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic issues altogether, you just gained a brand new reader.
    What may you recommend in regards to your put
    up that you just made a few days ago? Any positive?


    Check out my webpage - book of ra kostenlos spielen ohne anmeldung online

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haνe leaгn sοme ϳuѕt right
    stuff hеre. Certainly price booκmarκing
    for revisіting. I surprise how much еffort you plаce to create ѕuch a excellent informativе web
    sitе.

    Hеre іѕ my homеpage - diamondlinks review

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seldom leave a response, however i did some searching and wound
    up here "Card Games, Happy Campers and Everything Is Just Ducky".

    And I actually do have a couple of questions for you if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it look like a few of the responses look as if they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on additional social sites, I'd like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post.
    Could you list of the complete urls of your shared sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


    Here is my blog post :: book of ra apk android

    ReplyDelete
  8. I visited many web pages except the audio feature for audio songs current at this
    web site is in fact excellent.

    Also visit my website - phpfox.webmaksi.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Kudos!

    Stop by my web blog :: http://socialbook.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very easy to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this site.

    Look into my weblog - ra law group scam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    Also visit my weblog ... novoline spiele kostenlos spielen ()

    ReplyDelete